Pop-ups are disabled but still occur. How do I fix it?
I have my pop-up blocker enabled. But some websites are still able to open another window that contains an advertisement. How can I stop this?
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.23.20053
- Google Update
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:50.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0
Are you using the pop-up blocker in Firefox, or an add-on? Which one?
I'm using the native Firefox pop-up blocker. No add-ons.
Are you clicking a link when this happens (i.e. you experience a pop-under)?
You can look at a content blocking extension like uBlock Origin extension to block specific content.
- uBlock Origin: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/
See also the uBlock Origin documentation.
Yes - it happens when I click on a link. And you have a point - it's a "pop-under". But I still expected Firefox to prevent the "pop-uwhateveritis".