my firefox shortcut icons have gone blank, but still work, how can I restore the icon - I am using windows 10
For some reason my firefox desk top shortcut icons went blank, and don't work properly now - they open a page of text. I am using windows 10. Any ideas why this is please?
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.23.20053
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.31.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- Shockwave Flash 24.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; rv:50.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0
You can check for issues with the Windows icon cache.
Try to rebuild the icon cache (IconCache.db).
- Open the Task Manager (Shift+Ctrl+ESC)
- In the Process tab, right-click on the Explorer.exe process and select End Process.
- Open the file picker via "File > New Task (Run)" and click the Browse button.
- Type or Paste %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local or %LocalAppData% in the File name field (AppData is a hidden folder).
- Select the IconCache.db file and use "Delete" in the right-click context menu to delete the file.
- After the IconCache.db file has been deleted, start a new explorer.exe process via "File > New Task" to get the desktop and Taskbar back.
Note that IconCache.db is a hidden file, so make sure you can see hidden files.