Firefox is hanging and running very very slowly. What are my other options?
I've followed all of the suggestions offered and recently did a refresh. Help! It's like dial-up speed and I have even installed a new modem/router. My Chrome runs fairly well though.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.23.20053
- Catalina Savings Printer
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Version 18.104.22.16803
- Google Update
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.121.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Octoshape embedded video plugin
- RingCentral launcher plugin
- Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0
- Shockwave Flash 24.0 r0
- Zoom launcher - 3.0.1
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:50.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0
hello, could you go to the firefox menu ≡ > help ? > troubleshooting information, copy the contents of that page and paste them here into a reply on the forum? this might give us a clue what is going on...
Separate Issue; Your System Details shows;
Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0
Shockwave Flash 24.0 r0
Having more than one version of a program may cause issues. You must remove the older programs. Then get the current full installer.
Then reinstall the latest version.
Note: Windows users should download the active_x for Internet Explorer. and the plugin for Plugin-based browsers (like Firefox).
Note: Windows 8 and Windows 10 have built-in flash players and Adobe will cause a conflict. Install the plugin only. Not the active_x.
Flash Player Version: 22.214.171.124
https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ Direct link scans current system and browser Note: Other software is offered in the download. <Windows Only>
https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/ Step 1: Select Operating System Step 2: Select A Version (Firefox, Win IE . . . .) Note: Other software is offered in the download. <Windows Only>
See if there are updates for your graphics drivers https://support.mozilla.org/kb/upgrade-graphics-drivers-use-hardware-acceleration