I am using HTML code to jump down a web page, the code works for Chrome, IE, and Safari but not in Firefox, why is that?
I am making a banner to put at the top of my homepage for an online class that will direct kids to a clickable image further down on the page. I have used the following html code: <a href="#LiveHelp"> and <a name="LiveHelp">
When I open my course in Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Safari it works just fine, but in Firefox it does nothing unless I use Ctrl when I click, then it will open in a new tab. Is there something that is missing that is causing this problem that is special to Firefox?
Modified by scmiller
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.23.20053
- Google Update
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.101.2 for Mozilla browsers
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- Nitro PDF plugin for Firefox and Chrome
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:50.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0
Can you post a link to a publicly accessible page (i.e. no authentication or signing on required)?
I am not able to provide a link to the site as it is a secure school district site. but I con provide more the the code that is being used.
Here is the code that is being used for the banner with clickable images: <center><div><a href="/educator/common/Course/MJMathematics1/helpsitev14/HelpSite.htm " target="_blank"><img src=/educator/common/2820Math2/smiller403/Resources.jpg></a><a href="#LiveHelp"><img src=/educator/common/2820Math2/smiller403/LiveLessons.jpg></a></div> Here is the code being used later to scroll to: <td style="text-align: center; width: 422px; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif;"> <a name="LiveHelp"> <font size =5> <center><b><U>LIVE HELP</U></b></FONT><p>
I hope this helps shed light on the problem
Modified by cor-el
I'm not seeing a closing </a> in the second code that sets the anchor.
Is that further down in the code or did you forget it?
You can try an all lower case for the anchor. Also I'm not sure if you can jump into a table cell this way.
Are there any error messages in the Web Console ("3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Web Developer)?
This does not help. The code works when I use Google Chrome, IE, or Safari. Also if I use Ctrl when I click on my image it will jump to the anchor in a new tab. I am trying to get it to jump in the same tab as this page is used by 6th grade middle school students. So the less they have to do the easier they can find what I need them to.
Can you create a test page with this issue, so we can check this?