Cannot connect to Yahoo ISP after Download of 17.0.9 and Eudora Settings Import
I downloaded TB 17.0.9 and imported my Eudora settings, etc. I've spent hours going through the help articles but can't seem to figure out the problem I'm experiencing connecting to Yahoo. I cannot download or send. When checking for new mail TB shows connecting to smtp.att.yahoo.com, but nothing downloads. When sending it shows the connection, but times out without sending. All of the settings were set from my Eudora import, and all appear correct. Help please!
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:50.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0
I did check - TB is now set as my default email program.
1. Make sure that Eudora is not running at the same time as Thunderbird.
2. Update Thunderbird to the latest version by downloading & installing the latest version of Thunderbird.
3. Double-check the e-mail server settings in Thunderbird. IMAP server settings for Yahoo Mail POP access settings and instructions for Yahoo Mail
Thunderbird menu: Tools: Account Settings: For incoming e-mail: Select "Server Settings" on the left side under your e-mail account, and the settings are on the right side. For outgoing e-mail: Select "Outgoing Server (SMTP)" on the left side, then select the server you want on the right side. Click the "Edit" button to change the settings.
4. You will probably need to set up an App password: Yahoo: Understand and create 3rd party app passwords
Or allow 'less secure apps'. https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN27791.html
Happy New Year!