I was on Facebook just fine. An hour later I went back to FB and got the following message:
I think I solved it. I found that facebook was listed as suspended in firefox. I took it off the list. But how did it get on there? I certainly didn't put it there in the past hour.Read this answer in context 7
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.20.20039
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Google Update
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.101.2 for Mozilla browsers
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Shockwave Flash 24.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.168
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:50.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0
I think I solved it. I found that facebook was listed as suspended in firefox. I took it off the list. But how did it get on there? I certainly didn't put it there in the past hour.
So, where is something listed as "suspended" in Firefox?? It would have been nice if someone, anyone, had provided complete instructions on how to fix it! Hello, anyone from Mozilla reading this?
There is no "suspended" feature in Firefox. Could it be that term is being translated from a language other then English?
If you use extensions ("3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions) that can block content (e.g. Adblock Plus, NoScript, Flash Block, Ghostery) then make sure such extensions do not block content. There is security software that can interfere with loading content, so check that as well.
This didn't work so I tried the "Blacklisted" feature. Maybe what you meant by 'suspended'.
Like much of life's miseries, I believe I did this to myself. I'd Blacklisted a particularly obnoxious FaceBook page, thinking it was a popup or the like. This seems to have Blacklisted all of FB. Mozilla interpreted this as a Java failure. When I unBlacklisted _any_ page at FB, it all worked fine again.
THe Blacklist feature, if not on your address bar line, is in Open Menu ("hamburger") / Customize.
pls help thnx