This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Hello! This box comes up every time I try to open Firefox. and my Crash ID: bp-8491916a-53fa-4520-b4ae-3464d2161216
I tried uninstall and then a clean install. It wont work. What can I do??
All Replies (1)
- Firefox 50.1.0 Crash Report [@ chtbrkg.dll@0x1c3e1 ]
This is a problem with malware that has linked itself as an LSP.
Do a malware check with several malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
Please scan with all programs because each program detects different malware. All these programs have free versions.
Make sure you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner:
- Windows Defender:
- Spybot Search & Destroy:
- Kasperky Free Security Scan:
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller:
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked