How can these "unsent crash report notifications" be stopped permanently?
I wish to not see these call-to-action-notifications that appear on the buttom of the browser once and for all - how can I do this, please?
hi, enter about:config into the firefox address bar (confirm the info message in case it shows up) & search for the preference named browser.crashReports.unsubmittedCheck.enabled. double-click it and change its value to false.Read this answer in context 3
Additional System Details
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 15.020.20042
- Provides information about the default web browser
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 23.0 r0
- Unity Web Player version 5.3.5f1. (c) 2016 Unity Technologies ApS. All rights reserved.
- WebEx64 General Plugin Container Version 202
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.10; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/51.0
I can not answer this question properly at the moment. Sorry I agree that is not a very satisfactory situation.
If no one else answers or I don't get back to you by Tuesday please post again to bump the thread. I do not have time to attempt to test and reproduce this issue this week.
Forum Note This will be a known problem for Fx49 & Fx50 but from an initial glance looks like it should be fixed in Fx51. This post relates to Fx51 (Maybe fix is actually in Fx52) Apparently related
- [Fixed Fx51] Bug 1287178 - Refactor unsubmitted crash report handling and allow users to always send backlogged crash reports
- [Fixed Fx52] Bug 1309316 - Expose preference for user to automatically submit backlogged crash reports in about:tabcrashed
hi, enter about:config into the firefox address bar (confirm the info message in case it shows up) & search for the preference named browser.crashReports.unsubmittedCheck.enabled. double-click it and change its value to false.