When I select "Use Current Pages" from the Options page, why does the options page save as a permanent tab as well? How can I prevent this?
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.8
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.5.1 for Mozilla browsers
- Network Object Plugin
- Windows Multimedia Services DRM Store Plug-In
- Shockwave Flash 23.0 r0
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.3
- Npdsplay dll
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/43.0
hi william98, please update firefox to the latest version (50.0.2 at the time of this answer) - the issue you're describing should already be fixed there: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/
Thanks! Problem solved!
The issue was the |about:preferences was being added after using Use Current Pages for Homepage. This has been fixed since Firefox 46.0.
Note Firefox 52.0 may be the last Release to support WinXP and Vista so in order to still get security updates for Firefox you will need to use the then Firefox 52.0 ESR. The ESR channel generally gets eight updates so 52.8.0esr will be out when Firefox 60.0 is released.
Modified by James
Note that you can always pin the tab with the Options/Preferences page to prevent this page from getting added to the home pages.