Why do my folders within bookmarks duplicate, they have a vertical line separating the 3 copies
I have just moved/tidied up my bookmarks and notice that folders (&b/marks within) have duplicated with a vertical line separating the copies. Pls see attached image. I am on Windows 7 using Mozilla Firefox. All updates to Firefox are current. Thanks, Hubs.
Additional System Details
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.20.20039
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.111.2 for Mozilla browsers
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- McAfee Virtual Technician plugin
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 23.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:50.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0
Are you using sync?
Have you reset the browser?
Imported any bookmarks?
Hi FredMcD. I don't think I have an account so wldn't have sync. I did import chrom bookmarks and then moved them up into myfolders. The image will show the issue and just need to identify how to fix this. THanks, Hubs
The best you can do is open the duplicate folders and compare them. If they have the same bookmarks, then remove one of the folders.
Hi FredMcD - If I delete one, it deletes the copy as well :(
??????????????? I called for more help. If you have not closed Firefox after the bookmark delete, you might be able to undo the delete.
Run Places Maintenance to fix the corrupt places database in that Firefox installation. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/places-maintenance/
Thanks edmeister but I ran that and wizard said all fine ('sane'). I have since closed and reopened firefox and issue still there.