How do I change the default webpage that gets loaded whenever I start Firefox?
Looks like some third party software has injects a webpage into Firefox whenever I start it up. Not only Firefox, but IE & Chrome as well. Any suggestions as to where this URL is picked up from in Windows 7? I have restored all my defaults in all browsers yet nothing seems to fix this.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.17.20050
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Google Update
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Shockwave Flash 23.0 d0
- VLC media player Web Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:50.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0
What is the URL for that webpage? Might help us determine the cause .
Although, if your problem is with Firefox, IE, and Chrome chances are you picked up some Malware.
You can try these free programs to scan for malware, which work with your existing antivirus software:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- Anti-Rootkit Utility - TDSSKiller
- AdwCleaner (for more info, see this alternate AdwCleaner download page)
- Hitman Pro
- ESET Online Scanner
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!