Successfully installed Add-ons (Extensions) Not Appearing
I have successfully installed several Add-ons and the "icon" for each one does not appear anywhere (Menu/Customize, toolbar, Tools). However, they all appear in Add-ons. I am reopening this post because the instructions out in Support are too vague for me because I am a basic user and not a developer. I previously posted here and have gotten no responses. I am using Vista and FF Version 49.0.1. I DO NOT want to refresh and loose all my Add-ons.
I did follow this unsuccessfully:
[Exit Firefox completely, then open your Firefox profile folder (read the linked article for its location) and delete or rename these files:
extensions.ini FOUND extensions.cache UNFOUND extensions.rdf FOUND
Starting in Firefox 4, also delete or rename:
extensions.sqlite FOUND extensions.sqlite-journal (if found) UNFOUND
You may also need to delete or rename the compatibility.ini FOUND file, to rebuild some other files in the profile folder.
Note: Although the above files can be deleted, renaming them (e.g., "extensionsOLD.ini", "extensionsOLD.cache", etc.) is generally considered a safer option. This achieves the same result, but allows the user to retrieve any possibly required information from them later on.]
I attempted opening the Browser Console and looking for errors but quickly discovered I was in OVER MY HEAD!
Can someone PLEASE HELP...I sincerely appreciate it. Sharon C Wallace
Not all add-ons have icons. What add-ons are you talking about?Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.16
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Mycamera Plugin
- RealDownloader Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- A component of your photo software powered by RocketLife
- Shockwave Flash 23.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.124
- VLC media player Web Plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/49.0
Not all add-ons have icons. What add-ons are you talking about?
I'm sorry for taking so long to get back to you. Unfortunately, I removed those that were not working/had no icons. This question turns out to be a bust and I'm sorry I took your time. I've decided not to use Firefox after all. I've more problems than I care to mention but thanks all the same.
As you wish.