I am having problems with Firefox. it is slow, crashing, search hijacked adverts on pages, phishing websites opening in new tabs. Defaulting not helping.
Browsing is slow. Advertising small frames appears on the webpages I am visiting. At the top left of those ads frames it shows by TurboMac. And phishing or unwanted websites open in new tab. It also happens that a phishing website takes over the website I am visiting. And after a while Firefox crashes. I restored Firefox to its default, but it did not help.
Additional System Details
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 11.0.13
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 22.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 12.1.7
- Unity Web Player version 5.1.3f1. (c) 2015 Unity Technologies ApS. All rights reserved.
- Enables the interaction of Mathematica content with the latest installed version of Mathematica.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:48.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/48.0
Mac Malware Scanners https://discussions.apple.com/message/29938930#29938930
You can also try https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/mac/index.html