Msg: "Windows can't access Firefox, may not have appropriate permissions" on personal computer
I just migrated from Norton Security to Kaspersky Labs for virus protection. I wasn't able to open Firefox, so I uninstalled it and downloaded a new copy. It worked for about 10 minutes, but when attempting to reopen it, I got the following message: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item". This is my personal computer, and I am the only user. I'm using Windows 10 as an OS. How do I remedy this?
By the way, this is being sent from my laptop since I can't access Firefox on my PC.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.17
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Google Update
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.31.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 22.0 r0
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:47.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/47.0
This could be because of Kaspersky. Check with their support.