Exception for pop up blocker is not working
I've established an exception for the pop up blocker for a website. However, the pop ups I need are not coming up. When I hit the information bubble in the address bar, it says that pop up windows are indeed being allowed on the site, but they are not coming up when prompted. I already have tried with my AdBlockPlus disabled to no avail. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.17.20050
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.91.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealDownloader Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- Shockwave Flash 22.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:47.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/47.0
Do you have any anitvirus software or any other applications that might control the pop ups on all browsers for that computer?
I have Microsoft Security Essentials. I can't seem to find a place in the settings to add an exclusion for a particular website. Seems like I can only add exclusions for files and locations.
Typically if a setting will not save these steps are recommended: How to fix preferences that won't save
However another trick might be to remove all saved permissions/cookies from the page from the Right Click > permissions menu and to just use the add on to specify specific pop ups. I think the Firefox setting is all or nothing. Did I read that incorrectly?
I followed all steps in the link you provided. For the firefox pop up blocker, you can add exceptions so that pop ups are allowed for specific websites. Same thing for the AdBlockPlus add-on. I have added the exception for the site on firefox's pop up blocker, and disabled ABP on the site. The permissions page for the website clearly shows that popups are allowed. They just won't appear.
Not sure if this helps, but I just tried on Internet Explorer and it worked.
Do you have a safe for work url example we can test together?