i am unable to restore my data from previous syn.my mail id & pass are correct though.
yesterday i signed in from my mail id. sync. the whole data . then i installed a window 7 because of some problems. when, now i reinstall Mozilla Firefox , there is no data exist like history, passwords etc. What should i do ? Please help to recover my data. My laptop device is dell inspiron 5110.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:47.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/47.0
Sorry, but Sync wasn't intended to be used as a backup media for the purpose of reinstalling the operating system. Sync was made to synchronize multiple Firefox installations on multiple devices. The big difference is that if the user reinstalls one device, another device would have the user's data should 'something' happen.
One problem that I see posted here is when the user tries using Sync with only one device - the user resets the Sync password and that wipes their data from the Sync server. A different password won't decrypt any saved data - the old password held the "key" for the encryption algorithm; a different password makes the saved data useless.