Firefox is suddenly all messed up, nothing I do corrects it
overnight firefox stopped working correctly. it slow sluggish it's driving me crazy. Not only does every webpage load slowly, firefox can't even open a new tab without a long hesitation; the menu that appears when right clicking takes a few more seconds to drop down.
So here's where it really starts to be a serious problem; I've done every thing I've ever read about to attempt to correct it, and nothing!
Refreshed 3 or 4 times. created new profile. Started in safe mode, it was barely faster, maybe not, I couldn't even tell really. Reinstalled Firefox. Disabled various plugins and saw no improvement. Ran 3 different malware removal programs a total of six times. Ran windows 10 in safe mode and did trouble shooting and installed updates. Used Tweaking.coms repair tool.
What the hell is going on?!!!?!
Anyone else have these problems? I didn't have them yesterday, they started only today! I guess i could try to install an older version of Firefox. What is with this phenomenon of updating software and it being dramatically worse than any previous version?
Additional System Details
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.65.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 21.0 r0
- VLC media player Web Plugin
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:47.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/47.0
You ran Firefox in safe mode and the computer in safe mode? That would eliminate everything that might be a problem.
Unplug your modem for a slow count of 10.
Have your ISP test your service.
Have your memory and CPU tested. Free software may be available, but I don't know. Your system may already have testing programs.
Even if I ran firefox and the computer in safe mode and it worked that doesn't help me when I need to run my computer and firefox without safe mode, so what do I do even if that made it work?
Safe mode for Firefox and the computer shuts down many things. If the problem goes away, that tells us something. If it does not, that tells us something else.