Cannot stream videos on Amazon w/Firefox 47.0 version. Help!
I've streamed videos from Amazon successfully on my desktop computer (Windows XP in use) until the latest version 47.0 of FireFox was installed. Now my videos will not play. I did all the things Amazon suggested: uninstalled and re-installed Silverlight, disabled it, etc. but still no luck. I do not want to have to use Chrome to watch my Amazon videos. Chrome works, but I'd like to stick with FireFox.
Please advise on what I can do to get my video streaming back on Amazon.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.11
- Google Update
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Mycamera Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 21.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.168
- Npdsplay dll
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:47.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/47.0
If you have problems with current Shockwave Flash plugin versions then check this:
- see if there are updates for your graphics drivers
- disable protected mode in the Flash plugin (Flash 11.3+ on Windows Vista and later)
- disable hardware acceleration in the Flash plugin
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/891337 See also:
Separate Security Issue: Update your Adobe Reader Version 2015.016.20039 Note: Other Software is offered in the download.
Is the Shockwave Flash plugin used or the HTML5 media player?
You can check via the right-click context menu of the player area what kind of media player is used. A Flash based player shows a context menu with the Flash version.