Telugu text shown as rectangles
Unable to read telugu text on all the websites
Modified by mkrishna
Additional System Details
- This is the DjView-4.10.5 version of the DjVu plugin.See DjVuLibre.
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:46.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/46.0
Many sites now display icons using a custom font. Firefox might not be downloading and using that custom font for one of two reasons:
(1) Firefox set to use your preferred fonts instead of the page's font; or
(2) Firefox set not to download fonts.
For more information, see this thread: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/974000
Type about:preferences#content<enter> in the address bar. Across from fonts and colors, press the Advanced button. On the bottom, turn on Allow Web Sites To Choose Their Own.
Fonts Information - Detected via Flash http://browserspy.dk/fonts-flash.php?detail=1
Sounds that you do not have a font installed that covers this Unicode range.
Does this happen with other scripts as well?
I see Pothana2000 being used to display Telugu text.
Modified by cor-el