This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Whenever pc or firefox crashes firefox deletes all history. Is there any way to make it so it stops doing this? I know I can refresh but it is getting old.
Sometimes when my pc crashes or firefox crashes it deletes all of my history when reopening it. I've had this issue for several months and I'm starting to get tired of refreshing firefox all the time and was wondering if anyone else had this issue and knows how to fix it.
All Replies (4)
We're sorry to hear that Firefox is crashing. In order to assist you better, please follow the steps below to provide us crash IDs to help us learn more about your crash.
The crash report is several pages of data. We need the report numbers to see the whole report.
- Enter about:crashes in the Firefox address bar and press Enter. A Submitted Crash Reports list will appear, similar to the one shown below.
- Copy the 5 most recent Report IDs that start with bp- and then go back to your forum question and paste those IDs into the "Post a Reply" box.
Note: If a recent Report ID does not start with bp- click on it to submit the report.
(Please don't take a screenshot of your crashes, just copy and paste the IDs. The below image is just an example of what your Firefox screen should look like.)
More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox crashes (closing or quitting unexpectedly) article.
bp-0e01083e-b2b3-48dc-9f0a-1744d2160524 bp-acddf9bb-0d53-4bb4-8a63-b82422160524 bp-3db0fe00-e20c-4593-a8eb-a48392160523 bp-e28896a7-c6ab-4c15-bd0d-8ce7b2160520 bp-cc3fd0ad-6462-41b5-99e6-489432160516
You can check for problems with current Shockwave Flash plugin versions and hardware acceleration in Firefox and try this:
- make sure you have the latest Flash version:
- check for updates for your graphics drive drivers
- disable protected mode in the Flash plugin (Windows Vista and later)
- disable hardware acceleration in the Flash plugin
- disable hardware acceleration in Firefox
So I did what you said to do and everything is updated. Then today firefox crashed again and this time I couldn't even open it up because it kept crashing so I had to restart to even refresh.