firefox update that crashed computer
Upon opening firefox a few days ago,the entire screen was different with no arrows, buttons, etc to move around so I hard closed it. The next time I tried to open firefox it would not respond. I did a system restore which did not work so I went back to an earlier restore point and now my computer states that it has found an error and needs to reboot which is is stuck in a loop doing over and over. At the bottem it states "critical system error found" and says to look into when the computer comes back up which it never does. What kind of program/virus was unleashed? I probably will have to wipe my hard drive and reinstall Windows and all the other programs I had. I am NOT a happy camper to say the least. What did you do, or what did some hacker of your system do? I am using a friend's computer as if the reinstallation does not work I will need to take it in to be repaired so I cannot take a picture of the blue screen that I get.
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.80.2 for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- This plug-in enables downloading with the Download This Video button
- This plug-in enables downloading of HTML5 videos
- This plug-in enables downloading of Flash videos
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Shockwave Flash 21.0 r0
- Unity Player 4.5.0f6
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:46.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/46.0
Start your Computer in safe mode with networking. Is the problem still there?
While still in Safe Mode,
You may have ad / mal-ware. Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
Run most or all of the listed malware scanners. Each works differently. If one program misses something, another may pick it up.