How do I get rid of the 'From around the web' adware when I have tried everthing that has been suggested on the web? Nothing works.
I use a Macbook Pro. I have scoured the internet for answers to this adware problem. I have cleared the two add-ons I had on Firefox (I don't like too have too many - one was speed dial and one was the add-to-speeddial button). I have reset Firefox, and then when that option disappeared from the menu (I'm fairly sure that shouldn't happen?), I refreshed it instead, as that was the only choice left to me. I have uninstalled Firefox and re-installed it. I have updated it to the latest version. I have created a new profile, in fact more than one, since it keeps asking me to do this. The Adware is still there -it doesn't appear on all web pages I visit, just most of them. HELP ME SOMEONE?!! LOL It's driving me nuts!
Additional System Details
- Provides information about the default web browser
- Facebook Video Calling by Skype
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 21.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.10; rv:46.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/46.0
Mac Malware Scanners https://discussions.apple.com/message/29938930#29938930
You can also try https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/mac/index.html
See this > Google search < for many articles about how to get rid of that Malware,