have xp sp3. firefox says useing old version. says system wont support new version. other
have windows xp service pack 3 .adobe reader crashes every time, tried to down load newer version of adobe reader. then Firefox says. looks like im using older version of fire fox. try to download newer version of firefox, then it says my system won,t support it. have dell inspiron 530 desktop, 15% loaded. meets all criteria fox has listed..help
Hi, please right-click the Firefox icon on your desktop, switch to the compatibility tab and disable any compatibility settings there. Afterward it should be possible to download and update to the latest version of Firefox again.Read this answer in context 3
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.15
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.91.2 for Mozilla browsers
- MetaStream 3 Plugin r4
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 21.0 r0
- Npdsplay dll
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 4.0; rv:34.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/34.0
Hi, please right-click the Firefox icon on your desktop, switch to the compatibility tab and disable any compatibility settings there. Afterward it should be possible to download and update to the latest version of Firefox again.
Note that your user agent shows that you run Firefox in compatibility mode for Windows 95 (NT 4.0).
Check that you do not run Firefox in compatibility mode. You can open the Properties of the Firefox desktop shortcut via the right-click context menu and check the "Compatibility" tab. Make sure that all items are deselected in the "Compatibility" tab of the Properties window.
thank you very much, now have new version of fire fox. but fire fox still says i need to update adobe reader.even though i did. by the way my adobe flash stopped crashing every time i needed it after i down loaded Firefox