This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
My back arrow has disappeared how do I get it back ?
I have returned to Mozilla Firefox after a brief period of time when Firefox stopped showing my extensions like Nectar Toolbar etc.., However now I have encountered another problem my back and forward arrows have disappeared, also when I click the menu button to go to customize nothing happens not even when I go into view then toolbars to access customize this way it just wont work. If anyone can also fix my problem of the disappearing Nectar Toolbar, Topcashback extension and Quidco extension I will be forever in your debt and a friend for life. Thank you.
All Replies (2)
Try Firefox Safe Mode to see if the problem goes away. Firefox Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode that temporarily turns off hardware acceleration, resets some settings, and disables add-ons (extensions and themes).
If Firefox is open, you can restart in Firefox Safe Mode from the Help menu:
- Click the menu button , click Help and select Restart with Add-ons Disabled.
If Firefox is not running, you can start Firefox in Safe Mode as follows:
- On Windows: Hold the Shift key when you open the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- On Mac: Hold the option key while starting Firefox.
- On Linux: Quit Firefox, go to your Terminal and run firefox -safe-mode
(you may need to specify the Firefox installation path e.g. /usr/lib/firefox)
When the Firefox Safe Mode window appears, select "Start in Safe Mode".
If the issue is not present in Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, theme, or hardware acceleration. Please follow the steps in the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article to find the cause.
To exit Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before opening Firefox for normal use again.
When you figure out what's causing your issues, please let us know. It might help others with the same problem.
Make sure that toolbars like the "Bookmarks Toolbar" are visible.
- "3-bar" menu button > Customize > Show/Hide Toolbars
- View > Toolbars
You can tap the Alt key or press F10 to show the Menu Bar
- Right-click empty toolbar area
Open the Customize window and set which toolbar items to display.
- "3-bar" menu button > Customize
- check that "Bookmarks Toolbar Items" is on the Bookmarks Toolbar
- if "Bookmarks Toolbar Items" is not on the Bookmarks Toolbar then drag it back from the Customize palette to the Customize window to the Bookmarks Toolbar
- if missing items are in the Customize palette then drag them back from the Customize window to the toolbar
- if you do not see an item on a toolbar and in the Customize palette then click the Restore Defaults button in the Customize palette window to restore the default toolbar set.
If that didn't help then try to reset the browser.uiCustomization.state pref on the about:config page.