Firefox refreshes/updates and crashes work in progrogress
This isn't a real plea for help, because I do not believe Mozilla will even try to fix it, but others should know. The last two nights I have tried to run a job with online data. It takes about 10 hours to run, Two nights ago I started the job, came back yesterday morning and "dear old Firefox" had sent a notification that Release 45 was available and then went on to INSTALL it without my ok. It crashed the job (naturally). Last night, 1 freaking day later, I Kicked off the job again. during the night I got a notification that Forefox 45.1 is available, and gee, it crashed the job again. The data is no longer available so I am S.O.L. thanks to firefox. Get your act together! I was in the software industry for close to 30 years, and other than bug fixes, which were clearly labled as Bug Fixes, did not get Major updates more than twice a year at MOST, and I cannot remember "point release" that followed so closely to a Major release. As I said at the start, I don't expect to get this answered. I am switching to Chrome. I have been a ff user since about release 2.0, but this crap is too much. 1. There have been 2 Major releases (44.0 45.0) in the last 3(?) months, and instead of saying here it is, it is "Install now!" and after a few "ask later" responses it AUTOMATICALY installs itself, whether I want it or not! If I wanted a nanny I'd hire one. Good bye and Good riddance.
Additional System Details
- Wacom Dynamic Link Library
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.10.20056
- DivX Web Player version 18.104.22.1680
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.74.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Mycamera Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 21.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.124
- Plugin for Wacom tablets.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0
locking this thread as it isn't support related