Update not updating, endless loop
I need to update Firefox, but every time I follow the steps I get caught in an endless loop: click update > restart > still need the same update > click update ... Why can't I actually update it? How do I get unstuck?
Thank you! Lauren
Additional System Details
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 15.010.20060
- Plugin that detects installed Citrix Online products (visit www.citrixonline.com).
- Provides information about the default web browser
- Version 18.104.22.168
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 21.0 r0
- zoom.us launcher plugin version 1.0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.10; rv:34.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/34.0
Hello Lauren, please try to download and install firefox (forget the update option) from the official site, do the next steps:
1. Download a copy of the latest firefox from http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html (full dmg package)
2. Trash the current Firefox application to do a clean install.
3. Install the version that you have downloaded.
Do not select to remove your personal data, your profile data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks or other personal data.