46.0b2: ignores entry ("viarail.ca") in address bar.
Firefox 46.0b2 2nd tab. currently WWW.globeandmail.com. I entered "VIARAIL.CA" and FF merely returned to globeandmail.com. This did not occur with Safari. It has worked in FF on previous occasions (perhaps earlier Beta version).
Additional System Details
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 15.010.20060
- Creative Cloud Desktop Plugin.v_3_0_0_0
- Install Detector for BlueStacks App Player
- Plugin that detects installed Citrix Online products (visit www.citrixonline.com).
- Provides information about the default web browser
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- SiteAdvisor browser plug-in
- Picasa plugin.
- Reader Applicaiton Detector Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 21.0 r0
- Plugin for Wacom tablets.
- WebEx64 General Plugin Container Version 202
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.11; rv:46.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/46.0
Already set to accept cookies.
You can remove all data stored in Firefox from a specific domain via "Forget About This Site" in the right-click context menu of an history entry ("History > Show All History" or "View > Sidebar > History") or via the about:permissions page.
Using "Forget About This Site" will remove all data stored in Firefox from that domain like bookmarks and history and cookies and passwords and cache and exceptions, so be cautious. If you have a password or other data from that domain that you do not want to lose then make sure to backup this data or make a note.
You can't recover from this 'forget' unless you have a backup of involved files.
If you revisit a 'forgotten' website then data from that website will be saved once again.
Try to disable IPv6 (check for other possible causes as well).