Hi ! My FireFox crashes as soon as i try to open it. I don't even have time to open it in Safe Mode: it closes in 1-2 sec. The last Crash Report I get has the following content: Crash ID: bp-fa4e321a-3641-4df3-94ee-d31c62160320
Thank You !
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/49.0.2623.87 Safari/537.36
This is the window I get in Safe Mode. Once I select 'Close' it disappears.
I mention that I did an Uninstall and New Installation of the FireFox.
Product Firefox Version 45.0.1 Build ID 20160315153207 Release Channel release OS Windows NT OS Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
hcapi.dll = McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention
HcThe.dll = McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention
Remove McAfee from your system. After rebooting, try Firefox.
If there is no problem, install the newest McAfee.
Create a new profile to test if your current profile is causing the problem.
See "Creating a profile":
If the new profile works then you can transfer files from a previously used profile to the new profile, but be cautious not to copy corrupted files to avoid carrying over problems.
Do a clean reinstall of the current Firefox release and delete the Firefox program folder before installing a fresh copy of the current Firefox release.
- Download the Firefox installer and save the file to the desktop
If possible uninstall your current Firefox version to cleanup the Windows Registry and settings in security software.
- Do NOT remove "personal data" when you uninstall your current Firefox version, because this will remove all profile folders and you lose personal data like bookmarks and passwords including data in profiles created by other Firefox versions.
Remove the Firefox program folder before installing that newly downloaded copy of the Firefox installer.
- (32 bit Windows) "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\"
- (64 bit Windows) "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\"
- It is important to delete the Firefox program folder to remove all the files and make sure that there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling.
Your personal data like bookmarks is stored in the Firefox profile folder, so you won't lose personal data when you uninstall and reinstall or update Firefox, but make sure NOT to remove personal data when you uninstall Firefox as that will remove all Firefox profile folders and you lose your personal data.