This browser does not support video playback
I've been having this issue for quite a while now where viewing videos on Twitter would return the "This browser does not support video playback" error. But now it's gotten to the point where when certain gifs (for whatever reason) don't play either. I've searched a fix over the past year or so but never found one. I assume it has something to do with HTML5? As Youtube videos wouldn't work either until I downloaded the Youtube Flash Player App.
My flash is kinda dated, I don't really tend to update Flash all that much since I only visit Youtube, Twitter and Imgur. Plus all the versions are the same... security filled flaws. Besides that's not the problem since even with a updated version of Flash, it never fixed the problem in the past.
If anyone knows the reason and how to fix it, that would be great.
PS: Should be noted that it works in Opera and Chrome but Opera sucks and Chrome is a ram hogger.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.55.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.11
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:44.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/44.0
Update your Flash Player Version: 18.104.22.1686 Note: Windows users should download the active_x for Internet Explorer. and the plugin for Plugin-based browsers (like Firefox).
Note: Windows 8 and Windows 10 have built-in flash players and Adobe will cause a conflict. Install the plugin only. Not the active_x.
https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ Direct link scans current system and browser Note: Optional offer: McAfee Security
https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/ Step 1: Select Operating System Step 2: Select A Version (Firefox, Win IE . . . .) Note: Optional offer: McAfee Security