HOW DO I "CREATE A NEW FOLDER"
can't create a new folder !!
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.10.20056
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.73.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 20.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.168
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:44.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/44.0
Where do you want to open the folder? What have you tried?
This will give you the general idea - for example, on the Bookmarks Toolbar a right click will give you a range of possibilities including "Open" in various ways and several variations of "New", including "New Folder". Clicking on New Folder will establish a folder into which you can drag or download items.
If the right click is not producing such items, you could try diagnostic Safe Mode; Hold the Shift Key down as you open Firefox and see if that works. Then report back.
Feedback? Did this help?
No details, no instructions.
Please explain what you want to do and where.
If you are trying to follow some instructions you got from this site, could you give a link to the page and indicate what step you got up to?
Did you miss my first reply? Don't just look at the latest email, look at the full set. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1113089/edit/854688 Like I asked above, where do you want to put the folder? What do you want to put in it? Is it a special type of folder? Right clicking in all sorts of places will offer you the option of "New Folder".
Modified by alan_r
Sorry. I gave you the wrong link. This is the correct one -
bold text I want to add a new folder in the far right column that say the # of folders. The ones I have were created when I used Int Explorer
Sorry, i ment far LEFT COLUMN.
Are you talking about creating a new folder for bookmarks?
I'm afraid I can't help you. You've lost me. I presume you've been right clicking. It will help someone if you can say what you plan to put in the folders. As a last attempt, if you are in the Bookmarks(Favorites in IE) Sidebar right clicking on the headings - Bookmarks Toolbar, Bookmarks Menu and Unsorted Bookmarks - will offer you a New Folder for clicking. Single bookmarks can then be dragged into the folder.
What is the actual heading on the column? I'm not even sure you are talking about bookmarks folders.
Best would be to open the parent folder in the left pane in the Bookmarks Manager (Library). Then you can create a new folder in the right pane via the right-click context menu or the Organize menu.
In the left pane in the Library (Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks) there are three folders in the "All Bookmarks" folder:
- The "Bookmarks Toolbar" folder stores the bookmarks that you see on the Bookmarks Toolbar (Firefox > Options or View > Toolbars).
- The "Bookmarks Menu" folder stores bookmarks that show in the Bookmarks menu and are created via "Bookmarks > Bookmark This Page" or via "Bookmark This Link" in the right-click context menu.
- The "Unsorted Bookmarks" folder stores bookmarks that are created by clicking the star at the right end of the location bar.