What Mozilla Firefox to use for this configuration?
Operating System: Windows Xp Professional Service Pack 3 x86
Central Procesor Unit: Intel Pentium 4 1.70 GHZ x86 Physical Memory: 256 Mb RAM Graphics Card: ATI RAGE 128 PRO Ultra GL AGP 16MB Hard-Disk: 40 GB
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 126.96.36.199
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:23.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/23.0
hi, the recommendation is at least 512MB of RAM: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/43.0.3/system-requirements/
all recent builds still support windows xp, but for security reasons probably the most recent one (that's firefox 43.0.1 at the moment, that auto-updates to 43.0.3 for xp users) should be used. https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/known-vulnerabilities/firefox/
you also might want to try to set firefox to never remember any history in the menu > options > privacy panel, which can make firefox a bit more lightweight on resources.
You could try the SeaMonkey as it tended to work better on a old system that had a P4 2.8 HT and 1GB RAM and Ati X850 XT 256mb, especially over time. Though I mainly used Linux on it with Xfce for desktop to be light.
Downside is the SM 2.40 update still has not been released.
Modified by James