Keyboard stops working when using Japanese Hiragana input
Whenever I use the Hiragana input method for Japanese (Mac) the keyboard freezes up every other time I try to type. After typing one sentence or phrase in Japanese, I need to manually switch to another language, then switch back to Japanese to unfreeze the keyboard for use in Firefox. I seems to get stuck when I am offered to choose between homophonous logographs i.e. 用紙 and 要旨, and although the arrow keys work to toggle between different choices, 'enter' nor 'space bar' will register, thus preventing me from naturally exiting the drop down scroll and moving on. This problem only occurs inside Firefox, and only with Japanese Hiragana (Chinese Pinyin works fine ironically). In Safari and other browsers the input method also works fine. Thank you for answering my question.
Modified by Noah_SUMO
Additional System Details
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 11.0.13
- Provides information about the default web browser
- Facebook Video Calling by Skype
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- Plugin for Wacom tablets.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.10; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0
Could you please try recording a video of the issue using https://www.techsmith.com/download/jing/ then post a link to your video here?