This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Firefox says I have no extensions added, but I do. Why don't they show up?
I have added a number of add-on extensions. However, when I go to the "Add-ons Manager", it says that I do not have any add-on extensions added. Why does it not list my add ons?
All Replies (3)
Some add~on require restarting browser. Also signed into account.
Modified by MasonsDev
The more common reason for this problem appears to be some corruption in Firefox's database of extensions. You can force Firefox to regenerate the files by doing the following:
Open your current Firefox settings (AKA Firefox profile) folder using either
- "3-bar" menu button > "?" button > Troubleshooting Information
- (menu bar) Help > Troubleshooting Information
- type or paste about:support in the address bar and press Enter
In the first table on the page, click the "Show Folder" button. This should launch a new window listing various files and folders in Windows Explorer.
Leaving that window open, switch back to Firefox and Exit, either:
- "3-bar" menu button > "power" button
- (menu bar) File > Exit
Pause while Firefox finishes its cleanup, then rename any of these files that you find:
- extensions.ini to something like extensions-old.ini
- extensions.json to something like extensions-old.json
- extensions.sqlite to something like extensions-old.sqlite
- compatibility.ini to something like compatibility-old.ini
When you start Firefox back up again, it should explore your profile folder and other folders to rebuild the list. It probably will ask you to approve some of the extensions. Once things setting down, could you check the Add-ons page again.