This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Scrolling doesn't work properly with keyboard buttons.
With 2 different usb keyboards the page up and down, the home and end buttons don't work properly with Firefox 42. Other web browsers work fine. The page moves a bit and goes back to where it started or the page stutters up and down or doesn't move at all. Firefox safe mode did not help. Turning off hardware acceleration did not help. Reinstalling Firefox after reinstalling windows 7 did not help.
All Replies (6)
You can toggle caret browsing off/on by pressing F7 (Mac: fn + F7).
- Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Accessibility: [ ] "Always use the cursor keys to navigate within pages"
Note that this is an accessibility feature of Firefox.
Caret browsing is off. I said in my original post that safe mode did not help.
Do a clean reinstall and delete the Firefox program folder before (re)installing a fresh copy of the current Firefox release.
- Download the Firefox installer and save the file to the desktop
If possible uninstall your current Firefox version to cleanup the Windows registry and settings in security software.
- Do NOT remove "personal data" when you uninstall your current Firefox version, because this will remove all profile folders and you lose personal data like bookmarks and passwords including data in profiles created by other Firefox versions.
Remove the Firefox program folder before installing that newly downloaded copy of the Firefox installer.
- (32 bit Windows) "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\"
- (64 bit Windows) "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\"
- It is important to delete the Firefox program folder to remove all the files and make sure that there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling.
Your personal data like bookmarks is stored in the Firefox profile folder, so you won't lose personal data when you uninstall and (re)install or update Firefox, but make sure NOT to remove personal data when you uninstall Firefox as that will remove all Firefox profile folders and you lose your personal data.
If you keep having problems then create a new profile.
Is no one reading and understanding my original post? If I reinstalled Windows 7 to a formatted drive then installed Firefox and the problem still exists why would reinstalling Firefox help? I want to know something to do that I have not done.
If scrolling with the keyboard isn't working properly and caret browsing isn't enabled then something else must be wrong.
You can check the accessibility.browsewithcaret pref on the about:config page to make sure that it is default and not user set (bold). You can open the about:config page via the location/address bar. You can accept the warning and click "I'll be careful" to continue.