My 'options' on the 'tools' drop-down no longer works. Why?
In attempting to save a new set of tabs to open on start-up, when I click the 'options' , option, on the 'Tools' drop-down list, I get an error message "The address isn't valid
The URL is not valid and cannot be loaded.
Web addresses are usually written like http://www.example.com/ Make sure that you're using forward slashes (i.e. /)."
I've used this multiple times in the past. I have recently downloaded Windows 10. Not sure if this is the culprit...
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.9.20069
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- IE Tab plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.65.2 for Mozilla browsers
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- McAfee Virtual Technician plugin
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Picasa plugin
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.199
- Enables the interaction of Mathematica content with the latest installed version of Mathematica.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/43.0
Checked that you used the correct link.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox menu button/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- Switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox menu button/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window