when I updated to version 42 some how it got locked up trying to update the "update" log. the activity icon keeps spinning and the staus4ever addon bar stays ac
When I updated to version 42 something happened during the upgrade. The activity icon keeps circling and my staus-4-ever add-on bar remains on and wont go away. When I try to check for updates in options it does not show the update to version 42 but when I go into help about Firefox shows I have version 42. I tried restarting my computer and it still shows the download icon circling etc. T the shut down the computer and powered it back up with the same results. I refreshed Firefox and that didn't help either. any suggestions?
When you refreshed Firefox, did you update when there were not add ons as well as without the staus4ever addon bar?Read this answer in context 2
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.9.20069
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer 220.127.116.11
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.65.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0
When you refreshed Firefox, did you update when there were not add ons as well as without the staus4ever addon bar?
I did not refresh with the add on's disabled. However I did disable the status 4 evar add on which obviously solved that problem all tho inconvenient.. My main concern right now is that when I check update status it is not showing the update to version 42, but when I look at troubleshooting in the help drop down it shows I do have version 42. The same thing shows version 42 when I look at about Firefox in the help drop down. When the next version or fix is ready will I still get it? Thanks for any help you can provide. lxllrl11300