How can I block analytics in Firefox and Yahoo?
Too much time being wasted sending my PC info to third party analytics company. And it's none of their business anyway.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.9.20069
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.52
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0
This data normally sends lightning quick and shouldn't really affect performance. Although, I can see why you would want to stop that.
You can enable Firefox's do not track me option from the Privacy section of the Options dialog.
I cannot find a Privacy section within the Options dialog (presumably under Tools in the Main Menu Bar). I have Windows 10 if that changes things. Thanks.
Don't you have this tab?