When opening and printing Adobe files in Firefox (using Reader or Acrobat) it causes Firefox to freeze and stop responding.
We use the Adobe plug-in to open and print multiple PDF files from Firefox everyday. Staring last week every time we try and print a PDF file from Firefox it causes Firefox to freeze up, and the only option is to end the program. This is happening on multiple different computers. Two of the computers use Adobe Reader and have the most current version, one of the computers is using Adobe Acrobat version 10.1.15. We have tried all of the basic fixes (i.e. Restarting the computer/browser, starting the browser in safe mode, using the Refresh Firefox option, clearing the cookies and cache, disabling the plug-ins, etc...) nothing seems to be helping. Any insight into how to resolve this problem would be much appreciated.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.15
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module for IJ
- DYMO Label Framework Plugin
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.60.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0
First, try to re-install. Remove Adobe, then re-boot.
Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape: Adobe Reader Version 2015.008.20082 Note: McAfee Security is offered in the download.