Reported unwanted software site warning - how can I remove it
I innocently had a "supposed" reliable company put ads on my site with their coding.
I now learn that they are putting "unwanted software" ads on the site, triggering the notice that the site has "unwanted software" and warns users to go away. This is very damaging to the site.
Now that i have removed ALL of the offending company's coding from my site, how do I get rid of the notice? Specifically, where on the web does Firefox (and others) get their info from and how can I contact them to get the warning removed?
Thanks for any help.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.15
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.31.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0
Phishing and malware warnings in Firefox are based on the "SafeBrowsing" data from Google. See: How does built-in Phishing and Malware Protection work?
If the links on the warning page are not helpful, you could try Google's forums (maybe create a new Gmail account for these questions so they aren't linked to your regular address):