Search Window doesn't work after upgrade 41.0
I was using Firefox 38, and then upgraded to v41.0. After the upgrade, the search window no longer worked. I was able to click the magnifying glass to select the Search Tool, and I'm able to type in the window, but hitting "Enter" or the arrow does nothing.
I tried to downgrade back to v38, but this time, while I was able to do a search, I only had one Search Engine (I think it was Yahoo) and was unable to add more.
After reading that all of the Search Tools were installed by default, I reinstalled v41.0, it it seemed to work fine with all the Search Engines available, until the next way when it stopped working again.
Then yesterday I searched these forums, and found someone who had the same problem. They were told to Uninstall Firefox, reboot, then re-install, which I did. Again, it worked fine yesterday until I rebooted this morning, and it failed again.
I'm running Windows 7. This is very aggravating! Thanks for any help.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.10
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.51.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.3
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 126.96.36.199
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0
Let's try this first,
Note: Some software, like Advanced SystemCare with Surfing Protection, can protect files in the Firefox profile folder against changes. If you have such software then check the settings or uninstall this software.