Can I restore bookmarks from MozyHome backup?
My Windows 7 OS got corrupted and had to be reinstalled so I've had to "rebuild" my laptop. I don't recall ever backing up my many Firefox bookmarks using a Firefox tool. My online backup is Mozy and I've successfully restored data files. I see a folder among the Mozy backup files with this path: F:\mozyLocalBackup\betsyb-laptop\C\Users\betsyb\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\gy6v6xhf.default-1408376452741. It contains files with names like logins.json and places.sqlite. Can I use any of this to restore bookmarks and other things that were stored in my Firefox profile? If not, any other suggestions? Thanks!
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.8.20082
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Google Update
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.60.2 for Mozilla browsers
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 12.2
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:40.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/40.0
I looks like it has your gy6v6xhf.default-1408376452741 profile. Copy it to a separate folder on your computer.
If you have not done so, create a new user profile. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove-firefox-profiles