are firefox account and sync account the same?
I got one of those pop ups, your FF is loading slow, so I said ok, then kicked me into updating sync... I had trouble logging in change my PW twice, and it worked once then not again. Soooo, questions are: 1) are firefox account and sync account the same? 2) do they have different pws? 3) do I log out of them separately or together?
4) how do I tell if I am in new Sync or old. [first time I tried there was no "disconnect" on my sync page]
Once I get accounts and PWs straightened out, I'll be back with more questions.
Sorry to be critical, but I think many of the faq and help pages are close to worthless. They are carrying too many assumptions about what you already know if you ask a question. One solution, ANYTHING mentioned [e.g. sync, account, logon, usename, etc] should have a <learn more> link.
thanks look forward to answer[s] tom
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.8
- AmazonMP3DownloaderPlugin 1.0.15
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Google Update
- Dll file of HP Virtual Room Client Launcher Plugin for Firefox, Chrome, and Safari
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.71.2 for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Picasa plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0
- Npdsplay dll
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:40.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/40.0
You can find information about the Firefox sync in these articles:
Mozilla.org has several separate sub-sites, like this site (support), bug reporting, add-ons, and others. You will have to create an account for each sub-site you want to be apart of.
"are firefox account and sync account the same?"
Yes and no - not strictly for Sync. You need a Firefox Account for registering and using Sync, but your Firefox Account can also used for other Mozilla Services beyond Sync. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/access-mozilla-services-firefox-accounts
Partially solved. I now have FF accounts sign in.
When I go there, and go thru 3 bars --> options --> sync my sync page comes up choices on left are manage or disconnect... that page also shows my device name
QUESTION: how do I tell if I am in new or old sync.
PLEASE, do NOT refer me to help or FAQ, I been thru too many of them, and they do not [for me] answer this question. thanks hallfrogfox
Firefox 28 was the last version with the old 1.1 version of Sync - Firefox 29 and later have the new 1.5 version of Sync.
Edmeister, again, partially
so this means if I have FF 40.0.3 I'm in new sync?
I fired up my new [1 yr old] asus, and once I signed in to sync, it claimed to by syncing, but as I look at bookmarks it seems not to have done so.
Do I need to tell it to sync or should this be automatic thanks hallfrogfirefox