How do you set up old sync using only a recovery key for Firefox 20.0?
I have Sync set up on several computers. I apparently don't have an account for it, but DO have my old recovery key. How do I reset sync up on a computer that a tech erased and re-imaged?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Microsoft Lync 2010 Meeting Join Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.6.3
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- Allows for direct printing of PDF files from the browser.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0
Sorry, having just the old Recovery Key for Sync 1.1 won't do you any good. The account name and password was needed when Sync 1.1 was active. Currently Sync 1.1 is being shut down and "new" devices devoid of information can't be connected.
See this to learn how to backup your Firefox data from one of your other devices, and then restore that data to the one that was re-imaged. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/back-and-restore-information-firefox-profiles