Why does firefox ask me to refresh several times a day
It seems that every few times I open Firefox it is now asking me to refresh?
I have a new laptop and it never did this on my last one.
Additional System Details
- Foxit PhantomPDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:39.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/39.0
Do you mean that it says something like "Firefox version 39.0 available. Apply downloaded update"?
You can set this pref to false on the about:config page:
- browser.slowStartup.notificationDisabled = false
You can open the about:config page via the location/address bar. You can accept the warning and click "I'll be careful" to continue.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- Switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window