This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
unable to see info on profiles in facebook
since your last update the other day, when i go to someones profile on facebook...none of their info fills in on the "wall".....it must be a firefox issue cause everything works fine when i use chrome......including my own!!!
can i be the only one having this problem???
Modified by wolfdad
thank you all but i think i have found the problem.....i was using an extension called Timeline Remove....and now that i have disabled it, all is well!!!Read this answer in context 👍 0
All Replies (8)
Can you please check to make sure that this is also happening in a new profile and the url and steps you are taking to do this?
i admin several groups. when we have people asking to join we usually go to their profile to see if they would fit into our group. i can usually see friends, photos, etc but nothing on their wall under the "heading" info
You can try these steps in case of issues with web pages:
You can reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- Hold down the Shift key and left-click the Reload button
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Command + Shift + R" (Mac)
Clear the cache and remove cookies only from websites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Privacy > "Use custom settings for history" > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- Switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window
ok, here we go......not seeing things got better regarding not seeing profiles till the most recent FF update!! now not only can I not see profiles, i get a "warning" box from facebook saying "ooops" there is a problem that they are working on....so is it FF or FB? thanks
Can you attach a screenshot?
- Use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot
- Make sure that you do not exceed the maximum size of 1 MB
Oops Something went wrong. We're working on getting it fixed as soon as we can.
this pops up in a box as soon as i go on someones profile
Did you try to clear the cache and the Facebook cookies?
If that hasn't helped and if the message is from Facebook then you will have to wait until Facebook fixes this on their side.
thank you all but i think i have found the problem.....i was using an extension called Timeline Remove....and now that i have disabled it, all is well!!!