Firefox not closing - 39.0
After updating to Firefox 39.0 suddenly from time to time the browser decides it wont close when you click on the X to do so.
Also, sometimes, after forcing the close either with "Control + Shift + Esc" and forcing Firefox to close, or by right clicking on the windows bar and closing Firefox, when it start, it does on a white page and not using the one I have set as default.
This happens on Windows 7 I have seen other people. I see people suggesting running on safe mod, or disabling the extension. But I want to know if anyone got a real fix for the problem, or if it's just that version 39 is bugged and will have the same problem anyway.
Additional System Details
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.40.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Raidcall plugin
- Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:39.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/39.0
Next time you shut down, try this;
Press the Alt or F10 key to bring up the tool bar. Then File > Exit.