This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Unable to open firefox after updating it to newer version. it is not loading at all.
I recently updated Firefox, from then on, new firefox is not loading at all in my machine. When i try to open through shortcut or through all programs, no output is displayed. I tried restarting my laptop many times, and reinstalled firefox many time, none of them actually helped.
The issue is i'm not getting any error message also.
All Replies (1)
Hi tam4mani, This sounds very frustrating and I am happy to help. Please see if there are any files in the profile folder and make a copy of your profile as a back up: Profiles - Where Firefox stores your bookmarks, passwords and other user data
- First see if you can start it from the cmd.exe with with the profile manager, Profile Manager - Create, remove or switch Firefox profiles
- Second, if you cannot start Firefox with the previous step, please follow the steps below for a clean reinstall:
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps:
Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from mozilla.org (or choose the download for your operating system and language from this page) and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (or open the Firefox menu and click the close button ).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Mac: Delete Firefox from the Applications folder.
- Linux: If you installed Firefox with the distro-based package manager, you should use the same way to uninstall it - see Install Firefox on Linux. If you downloaded and installed the binary package from the Firefox download page, simply remove the folder firefox in your home directory.
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
More information about reinstalling Firefox can be found here.
WARNING: Do not use a third party uninstaller as part of this process. Doing so could permanently delete your Firefox profile data, including but not limited to, extensions, cache, cookies, bookmarks, personal settings and saved passwords. These cannot be easily recovered unless they have been backed up to an external device! See Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles.
Please report back to say if this helped you!