I'm curious to learn more about Mozilla (Firefox?) Composer
Hey all. I have a bit of an odd question today. I am making the jump up to a Windows 7 Pro Laptop from a Windows XP Desktop. And one of the programs I used to use on XP, may not work properly (or even at all) on Windows 7 Pro. I am specifically referring to the old netscape composer program, which had been part of the old Netscape communicator set. I'm not sure if the program will work at all on 7, so my next step was to look and see what other options are available. I became aware, via Wikipedia, of two almost immediately: Mozilla Composer and SeaMonkey. of the two, only Seamonkey had a website link, so I tried that one. I am unable to find the composer component of Seamonkey (I am currently on the Library's computer and tried it out on 8.1) and so my next thought was to try to find Mozilla composer, however I've had no luck with that finding that one at all. is there a copy of this program still available from Mozilla, or am I kinda screwed here?
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.10
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/28.0
I am not aware of Mozilla Composer still being an active or supported project, but I have found this page that has links to other open source html editors.
I hope this helps, but if not please come back here and we can look into a different solution for you.