Mozilla won't start, Entry point problem
My browser doesn't want to start. I get the following message (see linked picture). Uninstalled Mozilla, got latest version, but I get the same error. Any tips on how to solve it?
Thanks very much in advance!
Modified by vlozanov
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/43.0.2357.124 Safari/537.36
HI vlozanov, You may need to download the stub install for Firefox. Since there is a missing dll file that is needed for Firefox to start, you have a corrupt installation.
Download a fresh copy from : https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/ Install the installer and it will install over the current installation, profiles preserved.
Do a clean reinstall and delete the Firefox program folder before (re)installing a fresh copy of the current Firefox release.
- Download the Firefox installer and save the file to the desktop
If possible uninstall your current Firefox version to cleanup the Windows registry and settings in security software.
- Do NOT remove "personal data" when you uninstall your current Firefox version, because this will remove all profile folders and you lose personal data like bookmarks and passwords including data in profiles created by other Firefox versions.
Remove the Firefox program folder before installing that newly downloaded copy of the Firefox installer.
- (32 bit Windows) "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\"
- (64 bit Windows) "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\"
- It is important to delete the Firefox program folder to remove all the files and make sure that there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling.
Your bookmarks and other personal data are stored in the Firefox profile folder and won't be affected by an uninstall and (re)install, but make sure NOT to remove personal data when you uninstall Firefox as that will remove all Firefox profile folders and you lose your personal data.