This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
how can i make my font size to standard size?
my screen and font my i go to mozzilla is about size 24. how can it appear to standard 12 font?
All Replies (1)
Does the problem only affect a particular website? In that case: please try resetting your zoom level on the page using either:
- Ctrl+Shift+0 (that's a zero)
- click the percentage on the application menu (use the "3-bar" menu button to call it up)
Does the problem affect the menus and toolbars as well as the site content?
As a baseline, Firefox uses your Windows "Text size" percentage setting. This may default to 125% if you have a high resolution screen, or you might have changed it. Could you double-check what it is? To do that, you can right-click the desktop and choose Personalize. Then in the left column, lower left, click Display. Or going through the Start menu, Control Panel, Display. Here you should find the "Text size" setting.
You can change a global setting if you do not want to follow the Windows text size. This will affect menus, toolbars, and content. If you ONLY want to change one or the other, don't follow these steps, instead, please indicate which one has the problem.
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter. Click the button promising to be careful.
(2) In the filter box, type or paste pix and pause while the list is filtered
(3) The layout.css.devPixelsPerPx preference usually is set to -1.0 which means use the system default. You can change that to 1.0 for 96-dpi dispay and see whether that is what you prefer. And you can increase the size from there in increments, for example, 1.1 for a global "110%" zoom.
Please be careful not to set this value to something tiny, as it can be hard to recover from that.